Friday, October 28, 2011

A Ghost in My House!

Hi there folks! Just thought I'd share a story that believe it or not, is true and it happened to me. And Halloween is the best time to talk about ghosts!

A few years ago hubby and I both experienced strange things in the house we were living in at the time. I saw a dark shadow walk across the bedroom doorway at the end of the hall more than once. It was something I would glimpse out of the corner of my eye, but when I looked there was nothing there.

Most everything I experienced happened in the bedroom. A picture of us was turned down on the dresser one day. The light over the bed came on by itself, waking me, and the bathroom door closed by itself. Then another night, after I'd gone to bed and was half asleep, I felt the mattress dip on the other side of me as it would do when hubby joined me. It dipped so much that I rolled to the side. I reached out to touch hubby but no one was there. Now that was freaky!  But more frightening was the one and only time I caught a look at someone staring down at me as I slept. Something woke me, and when I opened my eyes I saw the white outline of a man next to my bed.

I never felt threatened by what was happening. And I didn't speak of the strange things going on because I knew hubby was a non believer of anything that couldn't be explained, or made total sense. Then one day out of the blue he said to me, "I think something's going on here."  I asked him what and he told me that during the day, while I was at work, he'd hear the door open and call out to me thinking I'd come home early. Only to look and see no one there. He said he heard voices, and other noises he couldn't explain.

That's when I opened up about my experiences. Could someone have died in that house, and their spirit was still there? Who knows? We eventually named the ghost Henry. And when we moved he stayed behind.

Tory Richards
Romance with an Attitude Blog
Sex Between the Covers










No comments:

Post a Comment